There is only one accelerated nursing program of great repute in Tampa, which is CCNE-accredited. It is:
- The University of South Florida’s Accelerated Second Degree program.
- FYI: A second institution (begins with an “H”) was listed here, and they didn’t like that we were ranking them at the bottom; so they requested a takedown of their name. Doesn’t say much about their integrity and transparency, especially to potential Tampa nursing students. Stick to the ones above & you’ll be just fine.
Let’s dive into it:
University of South Florida’s Accelerated Second Degree
The USF Accelerated Second Degree program is tailored for students with a bachelor’s degree in another field, and with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0. It’s a full-time, 4-semester program, that is completed in 16 months. The program consists of 62 credit hours.
Duration: 16 months
Location: Tampa, Florida
Tuition: Latest rates here
The USF accelerated nursing program has a tri-semester admission system, making the program accessible throughout the year. Depending on when you wish to start, you can choose your campus accordingly. Here’s how it works:
- Spring start- you will be based at the Sarasota-Manatee campus.
- Summer start- your classes will be held at the Tampa campus.
- Fall start- will take you to the St. Petersburg campus.
UCF ABSN Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 from an accredited institution
- Complete the Civics Literacy exam
- Complete a virtual interview assessment
- Submit all official transcripts to USF Admissions
- Application is through the NursingCAS
UCF ABSN Prerequisites
Complete the following nursing pre-reqs with at least a grade “C”:
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II (with Lab)
- Microbiology (with Lab)
- Human Growth & Development
- Human Nutrition
- Any Statistics course with the prefix STA
- Any Psychology or Sociology course with a prefix of PSY, SOP or SYG
- Any Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Biochemistry with a prefix of CHM,
BSC, PHY, PCB or BC
USF BSN NCLEX Pass Rate
Over the last 4 years, the USF BSN NCLEX Pass Rate has been 93.95% on average, higher than Florida’s and the nationwide rate.
The USF ABSN Acceptance Rate
With an acceptance rate of approximately 32%, the USF ABSN program is quite competitive- a true testament to the program’s quality and reputation.
USF is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
Also, the USF Health Simulation Consortium is one of few universities in Florida accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
About USF College of Nursing
The USF College of Nursing was founded in 1973. It is one of 14 colleges within the university. The College is located in the lively Tampa Bay area, with campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota-Manatee.
USF College of Nursing has established over 1,000 clinical partners for nursing student practicum training. Its mission is to educate future nurses, advance nursing science, and apply research-based clinical practice to improve health and wellness.
- Information on these programs may change without notice. So, we cannot guarantee their authenticity and accuracy. You’d have to check with the school and do further research. Our review list is simply for guidance and cannot be relied upon exclusively without research on your part.
- Before enrollment, check with your state regarding licensing rules or whether your desired program meets your home state’s certification requirements and licensure.
- If you are an administrator/staff for one of the schools listed in this article, and you would like to issue corrections or updates on your program’s information, please contact us here.
Related Nursing Programs:
Related Nursing Resources: